ME ~ IF YOU ARE JEWISH ~ WHY ARE YOU HERE?
The reason for the survival of the Jewish People.
PROPHETIC TRUTH FROM THE TANAKH,
FOR JEWS ONLY ~ UP TO THE PRESENT.
If you have looked at our other articles you will see, that we have promised that Israel and Jewish people, will have a wonderful future with events to make Israel the most admired nation in this world!
significance of these events which have been foretold,
is that they are only for modern Jewish people
– not any other ethnic group of people.
Also that today’s Jews are here in fulfillment of the
prophecies that told about them thousands of years ago,
but have ~ or are now happening… Really!
And they are only found within the pages of the Tanakh
We also promised in the article ‘I’m glad I’m Jewish…But…’, also ‘What’s so special about being Jewish’ that we would follow up with actual words from the Tanakh, about ‘Israel’s Promised Future’, part of which has already happened! So here we are!
We are presuming that if you really are a ‘Secular Jew’ you may not have had the opportunity to read much of the Tanakh, (and only some of the Torah), so we are simply giving small, genuine quotations from the English versions – to try to keep it simple, for you, at this stage. Everything can be checked!
Of course like any other book, each small section or sentence should be looked at in the wider context, but for the sake of being brief and straightforward, we are only taking these brief quotes.
We will give a [bracketed], reference of the Book and chapter number to each quotation for you to check out, if you like. We really do hope you will get hold of a copy of the Tanakh in your own language to read! It can be so exciting! [Read what you feel like reading and leave the ‘hard bits’ for another time.] If you would like any more advice, please use the reply form below.
We do not believe you have to only read it with a ‘qualified Teacher’. God wrote it for all people.
We are catering specifically for English speaking, secular, (ethnic) ~ Jewish-born people.
Also we are only dealing with a few of the events or facts in this article that were foretold for Jewish people, from a few of the Scriptures from the Tanakh about them. Often, there are dozens more!
Because we are quoting from the Tanakh - which we believe is inspired by Israel’s God, ADONAI Elohim, when it mentions Him, we use capital letters, (also for the pronouns, ‘He, Him’, etc.) [You can read about the Tanakh and why it is a most special book here.]
We expect that most ‘Secular Jews’ have a basic historical and cultural knowledge of Judaism. But we have made a few notes to help those not too familiar with Hebrew words and concepts here.]
As you probably know – often (but not always) the words in the Tanakh are given in a poetic or pictorial way, even using symbols, but they are still literally true!
Quotations from the Tanakh are written in italic.
ABOUT JEWISH PEOPLE ARE
AVAILABLE FOR THOSE LOOKING FOR TRUTH.
However because we believe the best ones are only in the
TANAKH ~ HERE ARE SOME NOTES ABOUT IT.
[If you would like more info. please see here.]
The Tanakh is also called ‘The Old
Testament’ by Christians, but the words are exactly the
2. We would like to emphasise that the TORAH is not the only God-given Hebrew sacred group of (5) books, because the following books in the ‘Writings and the Prophets’ make up the complete book of the TANAKH. The Torah is a marvellous foundation, but the rest of the total Tanakh is vitally important, too.
3. The answers we find in the Tanakh are conclusive, clear, unambiguous statements that have come from the very beginning of Time. If these ‘answers’ sound authoritative, it is because they are, and as such have never been proved incorrect, but if they have conditions added, those must be respected.
4. Our conclusions on this web site are based on written accounts and explanations of real Hebrew people. From our point of view, one of the best things about finding answers to hard questions, (especially the existence of a One, True God) is not only in their statements, but are in the context of the lives of the people being written about – ‘warts and all’. The bad things as well as the good!
5. The explanations of serious questions are repeated many times by different writers, (even in different places and time zones); giving harmony to the conclusions or messages over several hundred years, by as many as 27 writers or editors (Like Moshe) of the 36 books. [Some people have tried hard to disprove this.] It certainly is not true of the writers of the Tanakh that “two Jews have 3 different opinions”!
6. There is provable evidence that the original words of the writings in the Tanakh have been preserved accurately for thousands of years. This because of the great diligence of the Hebrew scribes who were rigorously checked with no (even tiny) mistakes allowed. This is a MIRACLE! But other historical documents (even by Israel’s enemies); archaeology, accuracy of scientific facts (though often written in poetry) all have proved the accuracy of the contents – indeed more importantly the truth of the words!
These are big claims to make and this is not the place to enlarge on them, so we simply stand by what we have written, and leave you to do your own research. You may like to start here, or www.allaboutgod.com/archaeology.htm
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
PROPHECIES ABOUT JEWS and ISRAEL
THAT HAVE HAPPENED OR ARE NOW HAPPENING.
Foretold: The Jewish race would be preserved as a race, for all time.
(1) “This is what ADONAI says: He Who appoints the sun to shine by day, Who decrees the moon and the stars to shine by night, Who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar – ADONAI El Shaddai is His name; [says] ‘Only if these [natural] decrees vanish from My sight’, declares ADONAI, ‘will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before Me.’ This is what ADONAI says, ‘Only if the heavens above can be measured and the foundations of the Earth below, searched out, will I reject all the descendants of Israel, [inspite] of all they have done’. [Y’rmeyahu/Jeremiah 31.]
This means what it says. If the physical laws of nature disappear, or even if some scientist could actually measure space, or discover the reason why the Earth holds to its position as if it had visible foundations, (which actually seems to be impossible), - only then would Israel’s God reject them and cause them not to exist. So Jewish people are going to be around – forever! We have dealt with the origins of today’s Jewish people being from the Patriarchs, and the fact of being given the specific name of ‘Isra’el’, through the man formerly called Jacob/ Yacov. However later, all the returning descendants of all tribes were called ‘Jews’. [See here]
Promised: The Jewish people would return to their original ‘Promised’ Land.
(2) “I will bring them out from the nations and gather them from the countries, and I will bring them into their own Land.” [Yechezk’el/ Ezekiel 34: 13.] “The people will be secure in their Land” [verse 27.]
Explained accurately: They would come from all over the world, not just one place.
(3) “This is what the Sovereign LORD says, ‘I will take the Israelites [Jews] out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own Land. [Yechezk’el/ Ezekiel 37: 21].
You may even be part of this, and you know there are something like 120 languages represented in Israel, now. This means that Jews have come for very many different countries.
Prophesied: That the rebirth of Israel was because Jewish people announced the establishment of an Israeli Nation on one specific Day.
(4) “Before she goes into labour, she gives birth; before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who ever has heard of such a thing? Who has ever seen such things? Can a country be born in a day, or a nation brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labour than she gives birth to her children…” [Yesha’yahu/ Isaiah 66.]
The meaning of this is so obvious it hardly needs commenting on. But it is an amazing description of exactly what happened, when David Ben Gurion and his supporters announced the formation of Israel as a nation, on May 14th 1948. The ‘labour pains’ of many sad events in the 20th century especially were very severe and painful events. The following wars with the Arabs (also historical events) were like ‘after pains’ in the growing and developing process.
Foretold: The Jewish people from many different backgrounds will become a united, single Nation.
(5) “I will make them one Nation in the Land… They will never again be two nations, or be divided into two Kingdoms.” [Yechezk’el/ Ezekiel 37: 22.]
This partly happened after the exile in Babylon, though it is clear that all the Tribal groups, especially of the Priestly line of Levi and the royal line of Judah, (through King David) could be traced. In fact Israel was an autonomous nation for about 152 years BCE. Tribal grouping were known into the early part of the 1st millennium AD (or in the ‘Common Era’) when the Land was ruled by the members of the ‘Herod Family’ under the over-all control of the Roman Empire. After the tragic destruction of Jerusalem and the dispersion of two-thirds of the Jewish population and over the 2000 years of the Diaspora, the original groupings were less clear. Because of the wars, Israel faced since 1948, all young people were expected to enroll at the age of 18 into the Israeli Defence Force, (IDF) and this was a way that God used to do as he wrote, “I will make them into one nation in the Land…”
Explained: That the Hebrew language would be restored and used for true worship.
(6) “Then will I purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the Name of ADONAI and serve Him shoulder to shoulder.” A more modern translation says, “I will change the speech of the peoples to a pure speech [or language - Hebrew] so that all can worship the LORD together.” [Zephaniah 3:9].
A cynical person may question these words, about “a pure speech” ~ but the thought behind the term is a realistic one, because right from the beginning, the main language used in the Tanakh and by all the people until they were taken to Babylon was Hebrew. From then on, when Aramaic Hebrew language developed and later Koine (common) Greek was used, ‘pure Hebrew’ was used mainly for worship by the priests.
So this is an amazing modern miracle of linguistics, as it has never happened that an ancient language unused for hundreds of years - has been revived and adapted for modern use. But later you will read about another miracle still in the future about 'The Word of ADONAI'!
Prophesied: A Huge growth in population in their own Land.
(7) “I will multiply the number of people upon you, (i.e. the mountains) even the whole House of Israel”. [And lots more details in Yechezk’el/ Ezekiel 36.]
Everyone who knows anything about Israel, knows that this has surely happened in the last 60+ years so that from a tiny nation of less than a million, the population of Jews, has now passed 5.5 million. This doesn’t include another probable 10 million around the world. [Numbers of actual ethnic Jews is not definite.]
Prosperity in every way, [yet the ancient prophets didn’t known about modern technology.]
(8) “But you, O mountains of Israel will produce branches and fruit for my People Israel, [one of modern Israel’s biggest export markets], for they will soon come home… I will settle people on you as in the past and will make you prosper more than before.” [More verses from Ezekiel 36!]
This is becoming truer every year, with so many advances in technology, medicine, agriculture, use of solar power and water recycling, and in so many helpful ways Israel is a leader. Investments in Israel are increasing fast, especially in the areas of modern technology for communication.
So these are just some of the specific prophecies for Jewish People that have or are happening now. To see an even more complete list of Prophecies from the Tanakh see here.
BEST THING ABOUT THESE
PAST and PRESENT FULFILLED PROMISES
IS THAT THEY ASSURE GENUINE PEOPLE
OF MORE PROPHECIED GREAT EVENTS TO COME!
At the end of most of our foundation articles we have promised
that being Jewish is a good thing, because in the near
future things will develop to make all Jewish people happy!
Please see the first ‘Mystery article’ here
or go on to the next article, ‘For Jews, Only’. Thanks!
To briefly – re-cap on what we have written in previous articles.
It seems there could be as many as 10 million Jews in the world today, who call themselves ‘non-religious’ or ‘non religious traditionalists’ – yet they do keep some Jewish feasts and customs, because it is al least part of their culture.
We do not believe that being religious is the main criteria for being ‘Jewish’. But not all people who call themselves ‘Jews’ are true Jews, and for a Gentile to convert to ‘Talmudic Judaism’ does not make them racially Jewish. Jews can adopt any religion and still be ethnic, true Jews by birth alone.
Many true Jews, consider themselves to be ethnic Jews, by birth (from either Jewish father or mother) or background, but call themselves ‘Secular Jews’. We have emphasised that to us that seems to show honesty and sincerity of people who know they are Jews, but not ‘religious’.
There are now large organisations for Secular Jews to belong to. But not all secular Jews belong to a specific group. Many honest Jewish people just keep the traditional cultural celebrations, only, for the sake of tradition or to please family or friends.
One founder, leader of the Society of Humanistic Judaism, Rabbi Sherwin T. Wine has listed guideline beliefs for Secular Jews. See his ‘principles’ here.
As we only partly agree with these, we have tried to honestly suggest how these concepts need to be looked at in the same honest way that they have been presented.
This means that we have offered some serious concepts and facts that should be at least considered by genuine Jewish people.
One is: that without a Divine Holy Being ~ Israel’s God acting in History, there would be no ‘Jews’ in history, or now in the 21st century!
This is linked to the possibility that there are unusual events for Jews that do NOT apply to any other race of people and that these specific events were foretold over 2000 years ago! [See points above.]
It is clear that almost all the circumstances today’s Jews find themselves in were foretold only about the Jewish people, not any other race of people, thousands of years ago.
These are given in the Tanakh, (often repeated in several places) which along with other considerations means that the Tanakh is the greatest set of writings specifically for Israeli/ Jewish people! Please read and think about the paper we have written about the Tanakh, here.
Only you, as an honest Jewish person can decide thoughtfully if you agree with these points
do hope you have enjoyed this article through the exciting concepts
in it, which we would be so glad for all Jewish people to understand
~ and come to realise what an honour it is to be Jewish.
Now you might like to see some Scriptures from the
Tanakh about the FUTURE of the
Jewish people, here.
Or other ‘Scriptures from the Tanakh’, here.
Please feel free to contact us with your comments or questions.
We will do our best to answer all those that we see as really genuine.